My last blog post I ate mountains of brie on baguettes. My last meal was a bowl of Belgian frites the size of my head. My last instagram was one (of many) German beers. I think at this point you can imagine it was about time for something that wouldn’t take 5 years off my life!
As you guys know, I’m one of breakfasts’ biggest fans, and am constantly thinking of new ways to make it more exciting, and this time a little healthier. During my last two hour trip to the grocery (yes you read that right), I saw some beautiful blackberries just begging to be brought home, along with a pint of ice cream *uncomfortable laughter*, and picked up some coconut yogurt to go with it.
I managed to dig up an orange I had and threw that in the mix as well, so the point is that this “recipe” works regardless of the fruit you have on hand! Although I think strawberries and balsamic are a combination that simply can’t be beat.
So, pop a handful of blackberries and a handful of chopped strawberries into a bowl and add in a splash of balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.
Spread out on a foil lined baking sheet (the foil will catch the delicious juice!) and broil for a few minutes until bubbly.
Spoon on top of your yogurt and top with granola, chia seeds, and whatever else you have on hand!
So, there you go: a delicious, unique, and healthy breakfast full of healthy fats, two servings of fruit, and will last you through the day!
P.S. make extra of the berries, they’re killer on top of ice cream or just eaten straight from the bowl
Balsamic Roasted Berries with Coconut Yogurt (serves 1)
- Splash balsamic vinegar (think about 2 T)
- Splash maple syrup (same amount as vinegar)
- Handful of berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries will all work)
- Handful of strawberries (about a half pint)
- Turn the broiler on in your oven to high, and line a baking sheet with sides with foil
- In a bowl combine berries, vinegar, and maple syrup and toss to coat.
- Spread fruit on baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3 minutes, or until caramelized and bubbly.
- To serve, spoon berries over yogurt of your choice and top with granola!